Saturday, August 21, 2010

Freshmen move in

Seriously these past few days have been an eye opener to how nasty my heart is! My heart is so dang prideful!! For the people that know that, they are probably agreeing at this very moment. But last night something so simple happened in front of me. The situations showed me my sin in a different way then ever before (or maybe in the same way but every other time I over looked it).
Freshmen move in day was yesterday. Which meant that we could help people move in, tell them a little about the campus, pretty much hint around for their phone numbers so that we can later stalk them and share with the the Gospel haha, and invite them to hang out with us. The place that we were all going to be hanging out was the practice soccer field to play ultimate frisbee. A quick update aside from the frisbee...two weeks ago I was being stupid and separated my AC from my clavicle. Which means I should not have been moving people in (which really I didn't do much carrying things because Ashley Adams and I made sure we had a chance to talk to people) or playing frisbee. But because I am so prideful and my heart wants to be the strongest (aka wanting to carrying a freaking refrigerator) or the best (aka making awesome plays in a PICK UP GAME OF FRISBEE), I played frisbee. The great thing about this day was that the LORD pointed out girls for us to talk to.
So, we invited the people to come and a lot of people showed up. As a few girls and I were walking from the parking lot to the playing field we noticed that three girls looked lost. Well, of course, they were freshies. We invited them to play. After playing for a little bit the girls wanted to leave so I had to make sure I got their numbers...my friend whitney and I were getting their numbers when we both turn around at the same time. As we were turning around we noticed that two people were running full spead ahead at each other. There was no time to yell watch out before they collided. This is when God started showing me how dirty my heart is. One of the people that was in that accident was a girl and the other was a boy. The girl immediately reached out to help the boy quickly saying sorry for what she had done....UMM I am sorry what had she done wrong at this point?? Her heart was so genuine. Then she realized she was bleeding. It was not just a scratch people, her head was gushing blood. After she noticed she was bleeding pretty badly she asked us to call her roommate who would gladly take her to the hospital so we didn't have to go out of our way, again saying she was sorry. I am still curious as to what she did wrong lol. We called her roommate but did not wait for her to come. We asked her to simply meet us at the hospital with all her ID. The girl called her parents and calmly told them what was going on and what they needed to do. This sweet girl had blood all over her face and on me and Whitney at this point, yet did not get upset at all. She even asked us to take pictures so she could see them later. After we get to the hospital and her roommate gets there Whitney and I give them time to talk for a minute. We look back to see them praying...why had we not thought to do that? The girl was so nice to everyone. She made casuel conversations with everyone making them feel good about themselves. She even asked us if she could pray for us?? Hmmm she is getting her face stitch up and she wants to pray for us?? We quickly said thanks but could we maybe just pray for you since you are the one in the hospital.
She also did not stop asking about how the boy was (who by the way lost a tooth). It really did show me that I need to stop being so fixated on Nicole. I always think about me and what I want. Am I going to be OK or am I going to enjoy something. I need to stop pushing myself to be the strongest or the best and just be content in who Christ has made me to be. Instead of bragging because of those things (which will never satisfy me) brag about what Christ did for all of us. What an eye opener...PTL

No comments:

Post a Comment