Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taking time to reflect on what is really important to me didn't take long because the answer is...myself. I am important to me! As bad and selfish as that sounds, it is true. I think that the world revolves around me and that everything is better when I am fully satisfied. For a split moment I felt that satisfaction. The Lord asked me, Nicole are you ready to hand over your wallet? That is a weird question I know, let me explain. I went to a New Year's conference at DC...go team 2!! haha At that conference there was a speaker that used an analogy about idols. The wallet was a representation of the idols we haven't surrendered. All of my idols are there because I think that they will give me what God so patiently withholds (even though His timing is perfect). The thing that really blows my mind is why I continue to place things before the one that has never let me down. Why am I that psycho? This year I pray that God will grant me the grace to overcome my selfishness and bless me with a true desire to seek Him above all things. I do not want to live by a check list, marking off what I have or have not done. I want to live by seeking God's heart! I want to share the joy that He gives. One song that has really been breaking me down is the Come thou fount. The part that says prone to wonder, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the one I love. That is so true. We are all sinners and I am thankful that He doesn't give up on us.

2 comments: